Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is a "Reset Gear"?
Reset Gear is one of the components required for machines that use no cartridge reset chip to clear the counter and reset. The printer displays a "cartridge life end, low toner or replace toner" message if no reset gear is detected. A reset gear must be installed on any spent cartridge that uses no cartridge reset chip after it's been refilled.
All Brother starter toner cartridges (cartridge that came with the printer) require a Reset Gear.
2. What is a "Reset Chip"?
Why do Reset Chips need replacing? The toner levels of the original cartridges are permanently stored in their memories and can't be reset.
How do Reset Chips work? Reset Chips essentially monitor droplet count data to estimate toner usage and page counts. They are programmed to estimate the printing capacity of a single cartridge.
Do I need to install a new Reset Chip every time I refill my cartridge? No, you can continue to add toner until your chips end life comes to an end or you get the "replace toner, low toner or cartridge end life" message.
3. What is a re-manufactured toner cartridge?
Re-manufactured toner cartridges are made by third party manufacturer who take empty toner cartridges and Re-manufacture them so that they works like new. Here are the steps we take, in order to ensure quality standards:
1. To begin with, the cartridge is first completely disassembled.
2. Every part of the cartridge is cleaned and inspected for any damage.
3. After replacing the damaged or worn parts, the cartridge is reassembled.
4. The cartridge is then filled to its capacity with toner, specific to your cartridge requirements.
5. The laser toner cartridge undergoes a test in a printer for 10-20 pages to ensure high performance and quality.
6. After successful testing, your cartridge is packaged and ready for you to take home
4. Why do I get fewer pages out of my toner cartridge than the manufacturer claims I will get?
A toner cartridge is rated for a certain number of pages at 5% page coverage. 5% page coverage would be comparable to a very brief memo with a salutation, small body of text, and closure. Most users print pages with graphics, gray scales, lines, and larger amounts of text, which use more toner (On average 6.5 - 7% page coverage) to produce the image. Like gasoline in your car, more fuel is used when the load is heavier on the vehicle. Additionally, rated yields and actual yields often vary due to the operating environment. When you buy a new car the manufacturer states that it will get X miles per gallon. This ESTIMATE is based on optimal laboratory conditions and is usually not exceeded in normal usage situations. The typical user prints between 6.5 - 7% page coverage, which reduces the yield by about 30%. Therefore, if your toner cartridge is rated for 10,000 pages, you will most likely get 7,000 pages on average.
5. Will I see a difference between a New/OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Cartridge and Re-manufactured Cartridge?
NO, cartridges are re-manufactured to meet or exceed OEM specifications. This means that quality, performance, and yield (page count) are equal to or better than OEM. Before a cartridge is delivered, it undergoes a series of rigorous tests to ensure quality. Re-manufactured cartridges are virtually indistinguishable from OEM.
6. Will a re-manufactured toner cartridge VOID my laser printer warranty?
No. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits the manufacturer of the printer you are using from voiding the warranty because you use a refilled or re-manufactured cartridge. Printer manufacturers will almost always advise you against refilling. The simple reason for this is that manufacturers would like you to buy their expensive replacement cartridges and accessories. Even with the protection of this law, you should also feel confident that cartridges sold, refilled or re-manufactured by neweratoner.com will meet or exceed your expectations.
7. What is the shelf life of your cartridges / refill kits?
They have a 2-3 year shelf life.
8. Do you charge Sales tax?
We only charge sales tax on all orders inside California.
9. What payment methods are available?
For online orders we accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Paypal.
If you would like to order using a money order or check please send payment in first.
10. How many times can my cartridge be refilled?
This all depends on the type of cartridge and how well you take care of your cartridges.
OEM Inkjet / Toner Cartridges can be refilled up to 3 to 6 times, depending on the condition of the parts.
Compatible Inkjet / Toner Cartridges can be refilled 2 to 4 times, depending on the condition of the parts.